cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to do CRUD operations on CDS from portal

Hi All,
I am trying to create a editable grid/table having CDS as data source. And, I am using that grid/table in portal. My question is how can we insert or update or read the data from CDS using any API service?
What I know is we can read data using fetchXML and update/insert using powerautomate. 
Any help will be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

That's a huge coincidence, just yesterday I wrote a blog post on editable grid using the new (in preview) Web API: https://oliverrodrigues365.com/2020/10/06/power-apps-portals-going-beyond-with-portals-using-web-api/

The post above was based on a local presentation I did last week, but you can still use the code, please let me know if you face any issues.

Basically Microsoft has a new Portals Web API that you can check the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/web-api-overview

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

OOlashyn
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use Portal Web API. It is still in preview so I would be careful before using it in Prod. It will be GA in February 2021. You can find mode about Web API in official docs. Regarding editable grid - you can check out my post where I provide example of creating excel like editable table, blog post from @OliverRodrigues where he shows example of editable grid and post from Nick Doelman with his example.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OliverRodrigues,
That's awesome. Thank you .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OOlashyn ,
Thank you for the reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (3,419)