cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to do CRUD operations on CDS from portal

Hi All,
I am trying to create a editable grid/table having CDS as data source. And, I am using that grid/table in portal. My question is how can we insert or update or read the data from CDS using any API service?
What I know is we can read data using fetchXML and update/insert using powerautomate. 
Any help will be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

That's a huge coincidence, just yesterday I wrote a blog post on editable grid using the new (in preview) Web API: https://oliverrodrigues365.com/2020/10/06/power-apps-portals-going-beyond-with-portals-using-web-api/

The post above was based on a local presentation I did last week, but you can still use the code, please let me know if you face any issues.

Basically Microsoft has a new Portals Web API that you can check the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/web-api-overview

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use Portal Web API. It is still in preview so I would be careful before using it in Prod. It will be GA in February 2021. You can find mode about Web API in official docs. Regarding editable grid - you can check out my post where I provide example of creating excel like editable table, blog post from @OliverRodrigues where he shows example of editable grid and post from Nick Doelman with his example.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OliverRodrigues,
That's awesome. Thank you .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OOlashyn ,
Thank you for the reply

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,134)