cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joaoleaga
Frequent Visitor

How to enable Power Apps Portals as a progressive web app

I got the January Newsletter where Microsoft announces the ”Power Apps portals as mobile apps (Public preview)”  

This functionality will be amazing for my business as a lot of my customers have reached out to suggesting an app will improve the user experience.

I looked at my current configuration and the Portals as a progressive web app is not enabled.

Is there a way I can enable, activate or register to be part of the early adoption campaign for this feature?

Link to feature: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-apps-portals-as-mobile-apps-preview/

See screenshoot to see that option is not enabled in my environement.

Please advise,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OOlashyn
MVP

Hi @Joaoleaga ,

To enable PWA you need to open your portal in Studio and then select Progressive Web App and Enable PWA. If you don't see a Progressive Web App option in your Studio update URL to be make.preview.powerapps.com instead of make.powerapps.com and you should be able to see that option (see attached screenshot).

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
OOlashyn
MVP

Hi @Joaoleaga ,

To enable PWA you need to open your portal in Studio and then select Progressive Web App and Enable PWA. If you don't see a Progressive Web App option in your Studio update URL to be make.preview.powerapps.com instead of make.powerapps.com and you should be able to see that option (see attached screenshot).

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Thanks @OOlashyn this addresses and solves my request.

I will mark as accepted solution!

Joaoleaga
Frequent Visitor

@OOlashyn : I finally got the time to get the Progressive Web App going for my portal.  

As suggested, I went to https://make.preview.powerapps.com/ and was able to find the Progressive Web App Icon.

Unfortunatelly, when I press the "Enable PWA" I get an "Website upgrade required" message.  I press the Updrade now but nothing happens. (see attached screenshoot)

Any idea how I can get the needed upgrade and enable the Progressive web app?

@Joaoleaga you need to have a portal with version 9.2.2103.1 or higher to be able to use this feature (see prerequisites here -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/build-progressive-web-apps). I can see that on the message that you have there is a button "Upgrade now". Did you try to click it? If it didn't help you can go to Power Platform Admin Center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/) > Resources > Portal > select necessary portal and click Check portal packages for an upgrade. 

Joaoleaga
Frequent Visitor

@OOlashyn thanks for your promt response.  

Yes, I clicked on the Upgrade Now (see Screenshot) and made sure I have the latest info.  I also validated portal version, I am running 9.4.2.6 (see Screenshot) 

I even got a message that tells me that Progressive Web App is enabled (see Screenshot)

But it is not enabled.  😞 

When I click on it does not enable any of the options and does not let me save it.  (see Screenshot)

The last thing I can think of is that looks like I do not have any portal packates installed.  Do I need a Portal Package to run Progressive Power App?  If so, how do I load it? (see screenshoot)

Appreciate your patience with this issue.

Joaoleaga
Frequent Visitor

@OOlashyn Here are the missing screenshots as it only lets me add 3 at a time.

@Joaoleaga I would open a support ticket with MS as something clearly is wrong in our environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,825)