Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RubénP
Frequent Visitor

How to improve the performance of PowerPortal

Hello,

I'm searching to improve the loadings for my power Portal,

It goes so slow.

Anyone know how to improve it? Or it exists any trick?

Thank you, any help is welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @RubénP 

Here are the simple tricks I use. 

1. Try to avoid JavaScript and use CSS in most of your custom scenario. 

2. Use https://squoosh.app/ and upload your portal images and get the compressed full quality images for your portal. This is huge benefit when you have plenty of images to show. 

3. Right click portal - inspect> use light house tool to see what exactly is causing slowness. You will get a significant clue where and which page can be optimised. 

4. Try to use lazy loading for large entity lists.

5. Use web api instead of jQuery for bulk operations. 

6. When using external libraries / referencing external libraries use minified version. 

Top tip: clear cache and press ctrl + F5 this will clear most of the unwanted files. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @RubénP 

Here are the simple tricks I use. 

1. Try to avoid JavaScript and use CSS in most of your custom scenario. 

2. Use https://squoosh.app/ and upload your portal images and get the compressed full quality images for your portal. This is huge benefit when you have plenty of images to show. 

3. Right click portal - inspect> use light house tool to see what exactly is causing slowness. You will get a significant clue where and which page can be optimised. 

4. Try to use lazy loading for large entity lists.

5. Use web api instead of jQuery for bulk operations. 

6. When using external libraries / referencing external libraries use minified version. 

Top tip: clear cache and press ctrl + F5 this will clear most of the unwanted files. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call August 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call - August 2022

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,259)