cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make a calendar with portal

I just contacted Power Apps Portal and I have found a lot of content to make a calendar but it still does not work.I want to know how to make a calendar in Portal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Step1: Create entity list

EntityListEntityList

Step2: Calendar View

- Enable checkbox and select start date field.

- Calendar data will be displayed based on start date or enddate.

CalendarViewCalendarView

Step3: Clear cache and check.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mbayes
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Zcy,

Calendars on the portal can function a little strange when trying to initially set them up.

You have a few options for your calendar, but I think the two you should pursue are using an Entity List or custom Web Template.

Entity List

- Using an Entity List you can display a list of records (ie. Events) from your Dynamics system to the portal.

- There is a section in the Entity List configuration for calendar setup.

- In order to get this to work, you actually need to use a Rewrite page template rather than a Web Template.

- There are a few out-of-box templates you can use, the most common being "Full Page Without Child Links".

- Once you setup your webpage to use the Page Template that is a Rewrite your calendar should render.

Web Template

- If you are looking for a little more control and customization, a web template may be right up your alley.

- You can use Liquid code to retrieve the desired records and display them in a calendar format using various libraries available.

- Here is a great blog post about implementing your own calendar: here 

If you have any questions please let me know!

Thanks!

Matt Bayes

hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

PowerApps Portal gives you OOB calendar control for EntityList. So, you don't want to make a custom calendar control in PowerApps Portal.

Please refer below blog: https://www.formuspro.com/resources/d365-portal-calendar-view/

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks very much.I have seen this blog before.But i still have problem with the 4th step.I don't know where i can set it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks a lot.It is very helpful for me.I have tried the first way,but i still have problem.May i ask what the data i should input in my Entity 

Hi @Anonymous

You need to follow only 1st and 2nd step from the blog.

Plz ask if you have any questions! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have made it.It doesn't work.Shoulder i write the data to Entity first?

Zcy_0-1594095245120.png

Hi @Anonymous 

Step1: Create entity list

EntityListEntityList

Step2: Calendar View

- Enable checkbox and select start date field.

- Calendar data will be displayed based on start date or enddate.

CalendarViewCalendarView

Step3: Clear cache and check.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @hardikv ,

thanks for your patience.I have tried by your steps.But it still not show calendar.Please tell ,if i should put the data in Entity first.What type of data?

Zcy_0-1594102102506.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (3,106)