cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

How to move deployed changes from UAT to prod automatically?

Hello Folks, 

In PowerApps Portal UAT environment, I have done many changes in web files, entities, web roles , web pages, etc.. Once I get the sign off how to deploy the changes in to prod environment. 

Currently I am moving it manually and honestly it is so hard and always a  hole in the pot 😞 

NB: I have used "Migrate portal configuration" tool and works really well. 

But what I am looking for is once the approval / signoff is done. Is there any way it can automatically move from one environment to another environment (UAT to Prod) ?  

Need your guidance on how to achieve this. 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ragavanrajan 

Any changes to entities and views should be added to a solution and then exported from UAT and Imported to Production?

For portal components like web files, web roles 

Please use the Portal Records Mover tool on XRM Toolbox it is awesome.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mira_Ghaly , Thank you for your response. I have used Portal Records mover tool and the Configuration migration tool from Microsoft which works great.  The scenario I have mentioned is once my manager approves it then it has to happen automatically instead of we doing the transfer. 

Hi @ragavanrajan, many projects run into how to embed Portal deployment in their build&release pipelines and I've yet to see one that will work universally. Many projects have come up with their own solutions, but none will be perfect - e.g., how to determine which files should be moved and which aren't. You can manually export using one of the tools and then (assuming using something like Azure DevOps) have a branch commit with approval gates to build/release to use PowerShell for deployment, you can setup a clever process to use Draft/Published Publishing States to query and move records automatically, you can look to extend Jim Novak's CMD-line version of the Portal Records Mover plugin (maybe Azure Service Bus, or a VM, any number of options), etc.

It will most likely take some dev work on your end to setup a process.

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @ragavanrajan 

Please take a look at this article and video from Eugene: https://eugenevanstaden.com/blog/deploy-powerapps-portal/

https://www.xrmvirtual.com/event-details/?id=0fa5d48b-afaa-4bdb-b74d-bd5f3b3d2a17

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (78,568)