cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

How to remove Home tab from the breadcrumb in the power apps portal.

Hello Experts,

I have a power apps portal application, on the top breadcrumb I have few options along with the Home tab, but I need to remove the Home tab from the breadcrumb.

praneshJ_0-1600275456789.png

Quick help on this is really appreciated!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

it actually looks like you want to change the menu and not the breadcrums

you can do that my removing/deactivating the Home Web Link from the Default Web Link Set.. you can achieve that via Portal Studio or Portal Management App

via Portal Management app you need to open make.powerappps.com --> apps --> Portal Management

Open the Web Link Sets entity and open the Default web link set 

at the links tab you will see the below, just select and delete/deactivate the Home Web Link

OliverRodrigues_0-1600277264623.png

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@praneshJ, consider adding the following to the Custom JavaScript section of your Home page.

window.location.href = "/profile";

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @praneshJ.

I would edit the "Breadcrumb" web template if you want the change implemented across the entire website. 

Choose "Web Templates" from the left menu in your Portals Management App. 

Locate "Breadcrumb" for your website and open it.  

Edit the content by adding some liquid code that only return a breadcrumb element UNLESS it's the home page.

UlrikkeAkerbæk_0-1600276498702.png

Remember the closing {% endunless %} - and as always; refresh the cache. 

You find documentation on the "Unless Control flow tag" here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/liquid/control-flow-tags#unless

Jusy be aware that not all pages use this web template so make sure to check all your active web pages in the browser to make sure the change is consistent. 

If you find pages where the "Home" link is still there try hiding it with custom Javascript on the web page properties. 

Have fun!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

it actually looks like you want to change the menu and not the breadcrums

you can do that my removing/deactivating the Home Web Link from the Default Web Link Set.. you can achieve that via Portal Studio or Portal Management App

via Portal Management app you need to open make.powerappps.com --> apps --> Portal Management

Open the Web Link Sets entity and open the Default web link set 

at the links tab you will see the below, just select and delete/deactivate the Home Web Link

OliverRodrigues_0-1600277264623.png

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted

Hi @OliverRodrigues 
Thanks for quick reply!!

Highlighted

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

Now I have deactivated the Home tab from the top breadcrumb, but the landing of the website is still going on the Home Page, 

but I need to land the user on the Users page, Rather than the below Home page.

Home page_censored.jpg

Please comment on this.

Regards,

Highlighted

@praneshJ, consider adding the following to the Custom JavaScript section of your Home page.

window.location.href = "/profile";

Highlighted

@praneshJ you might have to change a few content snippets (header / mobile header) and change the URL there

as suggested by @justinburch, might be safer adding the JS to redirect the user to the profile/sign-in page

even by removing the links everywhere, the users may still change the URL and try to get to the home page

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted

Thanks for the solution!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (15,378)