cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zbird94
Frequent Visitor

How to set up email notification after a user uploads a file from Power Portal to SharePoint?

Hi, 

Would really appreciate some advice on this one. Within our Portal, when a user logs a Case, then goes to view their Case, they can either A) Upload a Portal comment (text) or B) Upload a File directly to SharePoint with Files to assist with solving the Case. 

We have configured a PA flow that sends a notification to the Owner/User when a new Portal comment is added (solved). However, what we don't have, is a PA flow that notifies the Owner when a new File is added to SharePoint. (This is a different action to just adding a Portal comment). 

I wonder if anybody has any best practice/advice in creating the relevant notification to update the Owner of the Case, when a new file is added to SharePoint? 

Many thanks,
Zak 

SharePointUpload.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Manar
Super User
Super User

Hi @zbird94 , 

I am not 100% sure about SharePoint but i have same use case ( allowing customer to attach file to a record ) and i accomplished this using Notes which been working great for me.

The notes dynamically attach itself to current record (in the timeline) so i can create flow that if new note created then i can email customer 

Manar_0-1638206684021.png

Manar_1-1638206882852.png

Manar_2-1638207020296.png

Thank you,
Manar

If you like this post, give it aThumbs Up. Where it solved your query, mark it as a SOLUTION so it can help other people!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Users online (3,442)