cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use Knowledge Article Entity data to display all the post/Announcements in Portal Page

Hi Experts,

I have one requirement where there is already a model-driven app, where some specific users can add some Articles like company announcements or some posts. In Article they can add the content from Design mode.
Test ArticleTest Article

What I need is to get all the Article data and display it in the portal page. But When I search the Entity with the name "knowledgearticle", I got only below two entity:

knowledgearticle Entitiesknowledgearticle Entities

Need some help to understand how to display all the article HTML content on the portal page. Like each Article in different div and user can view those article information.

Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks,

Amit

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OOlashyn 

Thanks for your response!

All your information is helpful but I have only one confusion and doubt i.e if we have not a proper license then how in model-driven app under "Sites" I can see the Knowledge Article Entities but When I am searching in CDS by going to Entity then only below two entity I can see:
knowledgearticle Entitiesknowledgearticle Entities

If we have not a proper license then how these Entities are in our Environment CDS?

Please help me to understand this.

Thanks,

Amit

Hi @Anonymous ,

Being honest I am really puzzled that you have Knowledge Article entity without Customer Service app/license. It might be that Knowledge Article was somehow installed with Sales app during its installation or if your environment was updated from the older version it was there before, as Knowledge Article was part of the standard Dynamics CRM entities.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Even if you just install Sales, you still get the Customer Service entities (like knowledge article and case). This is because they haven't separated Sales and Customer Service from the days when they were all included in Dynamics CRM.

So the entities exist, but without the appropriate licenses, you shouldn't use them. There is nothing technical that will stop you from using them, so essentially it is based on the honor system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @nhayduk @OOlashyn 

Thank you for your all comments, It really helps me to understand the issue. So, I won't be able to use the Knowledge Article properly because of my license and hence I am thinking to do some workaround and posted one another Post.

If you can help me with the workaround on the same then it will be great.

Thanks,

Amit 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,850)