cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

How to use Knowledge Article Entity data to display all the post/Announcements in Portal Page

Hi Experts,

I have one requirement where there is already a model-driven app, where some specific users can add some Articles like company announcements or some posts. In Article they can add the content from Design mode.
Test ArticleTest Article

What I need is to get all the Article data and display it in the portal page. But When I search the Entity with the name "knowledgearticle", I got only below two entity:

knowledgearticle Entitiesknowledgearticle Entities

Need some help to understand how to display all the article HTML content on the portal page. Like each Article in different div and user can view those article information.

Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks,

Amit

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: How to use Knowledge Article Entity data to display all the post/Announcements in Portal Page

Hi @AmitSah,

Please refer to this youtube video for a knowledge base overview for the Portal,  this post about how to enable knowledge article to the portal and to this one on how to customize an appearance using liquid. 

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: How to use Knowledge Article Entity data to display all the post/Announcements in Portal Page

Hi @OOlashyn 

Thanks for your response!

I know that you have shared good resources but I am not able to see Service Management option is not available:
Steps to navigate to Dynamics 365 Setting page:
Went to https://make.powerapps.com/ and then selected environment and the from top right setting icon selected "Advanced setting" option but in the below page not able to see Service Management option.

Service Management Option Not AvailableService Management Option Not Available

Could you please help me with this? What can be the reason for this?

I have a System Administrator or System Customizer security role or equivalent permissions.

Thanks,

Amit

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @OOlashyn 

Any Help on this?

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You don't see Service Management module in your system if you don't have a Dynamics 365 Customer Service Hub app and related functionality. To be able to install it you need to have an appropriate license. If you do have the correct license you can install an app by visiting Power Platform Admin Center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/), then on the left navigation pane open Resources>Dynamics 365 Apps and in the list of available apps search for Dynamics 365 Customer Service Hub, select it and press install then select environment to install it to.

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @OOlashyn 

Thanks for the response!

If suppose I don't have a proper license then is there any workaround to integrate that with the portal. Because if you see my first post screenshot, I have a knowledge-based model-driven app.

Is there any documentation where I can see the steps to get the Customer Service Hub app. What is the proper license required for the Customer Service Hub app?

Please help me with this as I haven't worked on Knowledge Article before.

Thanks,

Amit

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Being honest I am surprised that you have knowledgearticle entity in the model-driven app and don't have a customer service app or an equivalent one. Also, it is really weird that you cannot see it in the list of entities and yet it is a part of the app. Does the environment you are working in was updated from some old version of dynamics?

To get Customer Service app you need to have either D365 Customer Service Professional or D365 Customer Service Enterprise license. You can find more here@nhayduk maybe you will be able to advise something here?

Highlighted

I wonder if just Sales was selected when the environment was created. That would result in all of the Dynamics entities (including Knowledge Article) being included in the environment, but I think the Customer Server app wouldn't be installed.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @nhayduk  @OOlashyn 

Thanks for your response!

Yeah that can be the reason but now how can I include that? I was checking the Admin Center of the Environment and I can see below but not able to see how to get Customer Service Hub App?

Customer Service App Issue.Customer Service App Issue.

Could you please me with this.

Thanks,

Amit

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AmitSah ,

If you have the proper license I would suggest you open a support ticket with MS regarding this as an error like that (This solution is only available to Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organizations) usually appears when you try to install an app without a proper license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,327)