cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mihamocnik
Helper I
Helper I

How will Microsoft force to migrate from Dynamics Portal to Power Apps Portal?

Hi All,

does anyone know how clients will be forced to migrate from old to the new portal? (if we don't do it manually) Will there be any notification when it is going to happen?

Best regards,

Miha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Miha,

The licensing will not switch over automatically.  You will need to purchase the new capacity licensing when the portal add-on licensing is expiring.  There shouldn't be any interruptions or functionality changes experienced for the portal during the transition.

I briefly discuss the two types of capacity licenses here:  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/PA-Portals-Licensing-questions/m-p/493006/hig...

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Dynamics Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MarkBiggerstaf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello Miha,

The Portal Add-On and the Capacity portal are the same functioning portal. The only difference right now is the licensing.
I don't believe we have any plans to phase out the name microsoftcrmportals for several years as Portal Add-On licensing was extended by many customers.

I hope this information helps answer your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff
Dynamics Support

Hi Mark,

thank you for the info! Will the licensing be automatically changed from old to new one (logins/pageviews) or how it will affect the customer?

BR,

Miha

Hello Miha,

The licensing will not switch over automatically.  You will need to purchase the new capacity licensing when the portal add-on licensing is expiring.  There shouldn't be any interruptions or functionality changes experienced for the portal during the transition.

I briefly discuss the two types of capacity licenses here:  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/PA-Portals-Licensing-questions/m-p/493006/hig...

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Dynamics Support

View solution in original post

Hi @MarkBiggerstaf,

I have one last question 🙂 I can not see the portal add-on expiration date. Meaning, by default you could get one portal for free and there are no additional subscriptions.

When I login to the "Power Apps Portals admin center", I couldn't see any expiration dates (only when it was created). But, I can see the message "New licensing options for Portal:​ You can now change your Portal license to capacity based licensing Model." above and I am not forced to change it.

Do you know how to doublecheck the expiration date?

Best,

Miha

I don't have an answer to your question unfortunately.  The free portal would most likely expire with the D365 licensing.

If you have additional questions, please reach out to Billing Support for more information.

Billing support is provided in English from 9 AM-5 PM (9 AM-6 PM in Australia), Monday-Friday.
Technical support is provided in English 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Admins, have your account details ready when you call.

• In the United States, call 1 800 865 9408.
  • In Australia, call 1 800 197 503.
  • In Canada, call 1 800 865 9408.
  • In the United Kingdom, call 0800 032 6417.

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Dynamics Support

Thank you @MarkBiggerstaf!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (36,664)