cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmedhat
Helper II
Helper II

I have a List with a filter dropdown how can I make this filter effect another list view ?

Example:

First List  product Header with filter drop down product number(entity list view metadata filter).

another list is product details .

I want when i select a product number from this drop down filter it effect both list views.

1 REPLY 1
braydenlarson
Community Support
Community Support

Hello hmedhat,

Are you saying you have a variable filter that is affecting dropdown1 that you want to have affect dropdown2 as well or that you want your selection in dropdown1 to affect your choices for dropdown2?

For the most part when you set items in a dropdown you can either manually setup the choices using [ "choice1", "Choice2"] or by selecting a table(Such as a collection). This will then render those options for the dropdown

If you then want to take it a step further and then have it show options based off criteria you would likely be using an if/else/elseif statement.

As an example I created 3 collections on start of my app

braydenlarson_0-1606230794657.png

I then setup the items of Dropdown1 to be Colfield1

braydenlarson_1-1606230913603.png

I then setup an if statement on the second dropdown that based off the choice I make on the first dropdown it will choose one of the 2 other collections to display.

braydenlarson_2-1606235825885.png

The idea is that with its looking at the items its supposed to show you will give it the logic it needs to decide.

Do note that for each scenario you add you will need to add another logic test and it will expand to include a different true statement.
My example is just showing what it will choose IF it doesn't equal 1 3 or 4, but you could technically have different values returned for each individual number.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,689)