cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmedhat
Helper II
Helper II

I want to view a list according to a record in another list

So I have a list form (salary) view in a webpage and another list form(employee) in another webpage,so we i want when i select a record from employee it redirect me to the otherwebpage (salary) and filter the list view according to this employee.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

You can achieve this by having one entity list and a details web page/entity with a subgrid to the employee entity, try the following:

• Create a CDS form for the Salary entity with only a sub-grid with related employee records (if you want you can add a few more relevant fields from the salary entity as well)
  • Create a Portals Entity Form associated with the above CDS form
  • Now in your second Web Page, instead of associating to another entity list, associate with the new Entity Form
  • Back in your first Entity List, in the entity list actions, add a details action pointing to that Web Page

this should give you a filtered list of employee based on the selected salary record

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

You can achieve this by having one entity list and a details web page/entity with a subgrid to the employee entity, try the following:

• Create a CDS form for the Salary entity with only a sub-grid with related employee records (if you want you can add a few more relevant fields from the salary entity as well)
  • Create a Portals Entity Form associated with the above CDS form
  • Now in your second Web Page, instead of associating to another entity list, associate with the new Entity Form
  • Back in your first Entity List, in the entity list actions, add a details action pointing to that Web Page

this should give you a filtered list of employee based on the selected salary record

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

what is related record or how i can do this? when i create a form and select sub grid and check related records i can't see the records i want.

@OliverRodriguescan you tell me the steps?

Hi

Have you created a relationship between Salary and Employee entities? 

Oliver Rodrigues

Yes I created a relation but it is empty ,shall i but a value in all this relation field ?! because i have alot of records and it's very hard to manually give each related field a record.

@OliverRodriguesIt worked ,Thanks!

hmedhat
Helper II
Helper II

@OliverRodriguessorry but how can i edit the fields in this subgrid view (employee),I only read and i want to edit?

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, do you mean an editable subgrid? or edit individually each record?

the easiest way here is editing each record individually, you need to create an Entity Form for the Employee entity, and set it up in your subgrid actions 

if you have an Entity List --> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/entity-lists

if you have an entity form/web form with a subgrid --> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-web-form-subgrid

hope this helps 

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues  Best of the best Oliver thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,513)