cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sabrina1988
Regular Visitor

ISSUE with combobox display and selection

Hello power Apps Team ^^

I hope someone can help me because I am struggling for a few days...

• To start, I created an event Sharepoint list composed of these fields:
Event NameMin number of ParticipantsMax Number of Participants
Text fieldNumberNumber

- Then, I created another SharePoint list called Inscription with these fields:

Event NameAttendeeMin ParticipantMax ParticipantStatusRecurrence
Lookup from event Listtext fieldLookup from event ListLookup from the event listConfirmed or Cancelledcalculated en powerapps  

-  I am looking to display a popup msg when the number of lines in the inscription list ( status Confirmed)=max number of participants. I created the recurrence field with the following calculation

CountRows(Filter('Enrollment test 2','Event Name'.Value=DataCardValue2.Selected.Value && Status.Value="Confirmed"))

so if I have 5 lines confirmed in the participant list, recurence=5

For the popup msg, I added a simple label with text "Max Number of Participant reached"and the visible If(DataCardValue6.Text=DataCardValue1.Selected.Value,true,false) ( if recurrence=Max number)

• the issue that the Max integer number is considered by default as a Combobox in this format 5.000000 instead of 5 (for instance).I have tried the following in the defaultselecteddefaultitems= If(SharePointForm1.Mode = FormMode.Edit,{

Id: LookUp('Enrollment test 2',ID= Value(ThisItem.'Event Name:Max Enrollments'.Id), ID),
Value: Text(Value(ThisItem.'Event Name:Max Enrollments'.Value), "##")
}) but it doesn't work and I cannot see anything displayed in the inscription sharepoint.

What should I do? and why a number ( changing according to selected event) is considered by default as a Combobox?

Thanks in advance for any help or comment or tip to improve my solution and to make it works properly

Sabrine

1 REPLY 1
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sabrina1988 ,

may be, this is the wrong audience for that question. May be you get answers in the https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/bd-p/PowerAppsForum1 board. Here you will find Topics around PowerAppsPortals which has to my impression only partly an overlap to PowerApps 🙂

Have fun and keep PowerApping,

Christian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (3,443)