Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Edit Form Radio button Value Is Not displaying

Hi All,

I am New in Power apps, Can you Give me the solution for my Question

I created new form with radio button and submitted the form with respected values, in Detail page Given data is displaying but in edit form radio buttons are not selected(it Displays like new form)

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

A few things you can check:

• have you checked via Model-Driven App (you can use advanced find in Portal Management app) to make sure the radio button value is getting populated in your CDS?
  • do you have any JS on the Edit entity form? if yes please review to make sure it isn't causing any issues
  • do you have any entity form metadata for that field? if yes please review to make sure it isn't causing any issues
  • are you using the same CDS Form for both Edit and Detail entity forms? 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OliverRodrigues  i am using only Canvas App .

Hi 

in this case you are better off posting on the Power Apps forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/bd-p/PowerAppsForum1

this one here is dedicated to Power Apps Portals

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous :

Could you tell me :

• what is the usage of the radio button?How is it set up?Is it a control used to change the value of a field in from? What is its corresponding field? What is the data type?
  • What does "respected values" mean?
  • What is Detail page? How is it set up?

The following is my guess;

• There are two screens(Edit page/Detail page)

In Edit page:

• There is a edit form with a radio button.
  • This radio control corresponds to the "SourceRadio" field whose datatype is ‘Text’ in the data source.

In Detail page:

• There is a display form with a radio button.
  • You display the record you just submitted in the Edit page through the display form.

If so:

• Please check whether the value of the SourceRadio field in the data source has changed.
  • please check the Default property of the radio button in the Detail page.
  • please set the radio button's Defalut property to:
ThisItem.SourceRadio

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,314)