cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon-Rose
Frequent Visitor

Invalid sign in attempt - Portal Contact created by Power Automate

Hi

I have a flow that is creating a new Contact in the Dataverse table.

I am setting the following information in the flow:

1. First Name (a unique number)
  2. Last Name  (same unique number as above)
  3. Email
  4. Username (same unique number as above)
  5. New Password (same unique number as above)
  6. GUID for the Security Stamp
  7. 'Login enabled'

Everything appears to be working well, and the contact appears in the portal management site, however when I try to log in with the details, it is showing the error "invalid sign in attempt".

When I create the contact myself in the portal management site, adding the exact same details it works fine. It is just not working when using the flow for some reason?

Does anyone know where I should start with problem solving?

Regards,

Brandon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon-Rose
Frequent Visitor

Hi all

In case anyone else comes across this issue, I discovered the problem is that you cannot create a password the same time as creating a contact via Power Automate.

I had to include an extra step after adding a new row/contact, to update that contact/row with the new password.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Brandon-Rose ,

this should relly work that way. I usually also tick the "lockout enabled" box (but no idea, whether is is related to anything). Also, i provide an emailadress for that user.

You could check, whether the passwordhash is really ok (and not escaped or something like that with the flow) and that you do not have any whitespaces before or after the username.

Additionally, i frequently have cache issues with that one. For example you create user a (which does not exist) and try to log in you get the unknown userstuff. When you then create the contact it could be, that the request for user a is still cached...

There is also the problem, that the emailaddress among portalusers seems to have to be unique. We really ran into strange problems, when the emails (only for portal enabled users) )were not unique (no idea, whether this is documented somewhere)

So, no answer but that would be the standard i would check first.

have fun,

Christian

PS i think, you have it, but there should be a webrole dedicated to logged in users or at least one webrole assigned to the new user. Alse you might run into authentication issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brandon-Rose  one last suggestion , try to compare working contact with the one flow created via advanced find and see what field you are missing or what you need to change.

thats what i would do to fix something like that

Hi Christian

Thanks for the tip! I checked the table in dataverse, and I can see that the password hash is blank.

Do you know how I can create this via the flow? I was just putting in the password I want in the 'New Password Input' column and thought it would create a password hash.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon-Rose
Frequent Visitor

Hi all

In case anyone else comes across this issue, I discovered the problem is that you cannot create a password the same time as creating a contact via Power Automate.

I had to include an extra step after adding a new row/contact, to update that contact/row with the new password.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,438)