cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amruthavarshini
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any limitations in portal security and authentication?

Hi all,

I am exploring power apps portal and I wanted to know if there is any limitations in portal security and authentication.

Thank you... 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, that's a tricky one.. do you have any specific requirement in mind that you want us to validate? 

Just a few things I can think of:

• Email address should be unique in your Contact records
  • Local Login are deprecated and you should avoid them
  • Field Security Profile are ignored from a Portals perspective - you can apply JS to simulate the behaviour

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini , 

Again, as @OliverRodrigues  mentioned this is really tricky to answer. Adding few more points 

1. Two-factor authentication is available but it is not supported by portals yet. You can do some out-of-the-box features. 

2.  Multi-Factor authentication is only available if you configure Active Directory Federated Services (AD FS) with Azure MFA. 

3. Passwordless is not yet available. But I believe in the future this will be available. 

4. If you have plans to build a companion app to support powerapps portal, probably authentication and cross-site forgery should be taken into consideration. Ref: about companion app: https://www.engineeredcode.com/blog/dynamics-365-portal-custom-server-side-code-with-a-companion-app 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, that's a tricky one.. do you have any specific requirement in mind that you want us to validate? 

Just a few things I can think of:

• Email address should be unique in your Contact records
  • Local Login are deprecated and you should avoid them
  • Field Security Profile are ignored from a Portals perspective - you can apply JS to simulate the behaviour

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini , 

Again, as @OliverRodrigues  mentioned this is really tricky to answer. Adding few more points 

1. Two-factor authentication is available but it is not supported by portals yet. You can do some out-of-the-box features. 

2.  Multi-Factor authentication is only available if you configure Active Directory Federated Services (AD FS) with Azure MFA. 

3. Passwordless is not yet available. But I believe in the future this will be available. 

4. If you have plans to build a companion app to support powerapps portal, probably authentication and cross-site forgery should be taken into consideration. Ref: about companion app: https://www.engineeredcode.com/blog/dynamics-365-portal-custom-server-side-code-with-a-companion-app 

Hope it helps. 

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (65,612)