cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murillo-Mariano
Frequent Visitor

Is there any way to edit a knowledge article using portals?

Hello guys.

I'm building a portal, and its necessary that the user can create/read/update/delete a knowledge article inside the website.

Currenty in my portal, the user can create, read, and delete the Knowledge Article, but I can't make possible the edit.

I use a simple entity form to create the article like:

MurilloMariano_1-1649268713687.png

Users can see the article in another page like:

MurilloMariano_2-1649268762488.png

And is possible to delete the article using a entity list

MurilloMariano_3-1649268798178.png

But when I'll edit the article, I can't, because is not possible edit articles while published.

MurilloMariano_4-1649268977851.png

Is there any way to edit an article while it's published? or exists any other solution for this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Murillo-Mariano 

There are few approaches you can take here 

1. Using customer service hub(link here) is the right solution if you don't want to give access to Customer Service hub app then try the following 

Looks like you are using the starter portal. 

1. If so, then make sure you create a custom web role and create appropriate table permissions (esp append/ appendto) for your knowledge table with edit permission and attach it to the web role.  

2. Go to contacts> add associate the customised web role. 

3. Hit save and close.  

Try ctrl + F5 for a hard refresh. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Hello @ragavanrajan 

Use the customer service hub is the right solution for that, but in this project is necessary that user can CRUD knowledge articles using the website.

I'm using customer service portal, and I tried what you said but the edit still not working.

The problem that I have is not about permissions, it's about edit a knowledge article while it's in published state.

I did some tests, and when I put it in draft state, I can edit.

I need some tip to edit the article in published state, or disable the rule that makes it impossible to edit while in published state.

Is there any way to disable the function that blocks editing while it's published? I search in every place and I can't find it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,318)