cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenZ
Frequent Visitor

Is this a bug in PowerApps? - "App Run OnStart" button not clickable

Hello

I hope someone can shed some light on this strange issue I'm having about the Run OnStart button.

For one of my app, I noticed that I'm not able to click the "..." button to "Run OnStart". Please refer to the screenshot below.

The Power App authorising version is 3.21094.25

It's very frustrated for not able to trigger and run the code in app OnStart section.

Many thanks

Steven

Run OnStart option doesn't pop out when clicked the ... buttonRun OnStart option doesn't pop out when clicked the ... button

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @StevenZ 

With the recent version of PowerApp. if you really need that options please try the following steps 

1. File > Settings > General > scroll down to the last until you see "App.OnStart" 

ragavanrajan_0-1634262482560.png

Once you enable then if you click the three dots on your app > you will see the option. 

PS: Please read the description of App.Onstart 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @StevenZ 

With the recent version of PowerApp. if you really need that options please try the following steps 

1. File > Settings > General > scroll down to the last until you see "App.OnStart" 

ragavanrajan_0-1634262482560.png

Once you enable then if you click the three dots on your app > you will see the option. 

PS: Please read the description of App.Onstart 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

StevenZ
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response @ragavanrajan, I saw that option already and tried turning it on before. It prompted me to do a full screen refresh which I then did, however, the setting was not saved after the screen refresh.

Anyway, in short, turned it back on (without screen refresh) and it worked. 

Thanks @ragavanrajan, it helped in my first app. I am new to this platform and this is the first time I have searched for help in community.

Kudos to @StevenZ for asking this question.

No worries @shaghiljamal .Glad it helped. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,759)