cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sp_1
Regular Visitor

Item Action not working in Power Apps Portals

Hello All,

I have created an Entity List and also did the configuration of Item Action for edit and delete as shown below:

sp_1_0-1608198323669.png

I have set the web role to that particular Entity as Administrator and Authenticated Users still Edit and Delete Iten Actions are not working.

Can you please give me the solution for that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes you need to check that box. If left unchecked entity permission are not applied to the entity list and some functionality might not work (including the one that you want to enable).

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @sp_1 ,

Did you configure Entity Permissions for the entity you want to edit/delete? It is not enough to be Admin user, you still need to have proper Entity Permissions. 

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As @OOlashyn suggested this is most likely that the Web Role does not have entity permissions to perform the relevant actions on the respective entity (the out of the box Administrator web role does not give full access to everything - you still need to add entity permissions to it or create another web role with them for your user).

If entity permissions have been set, make sure you have cleared the Portal Cache (and/or the Portal Config) from <your portal>/_services/about (when logged in as Administrator)

Hi @OOlashyn,

Thank you for your response. I set the entity permission for that entity still it's not working.

sp_1
Regular Visitor

Hi @Fubar,

Thank you for your response. I have set the Entity Permission for that particular entity and also set the Privileges & Web Role within that entity permission as shown below:

sp_1_0-1608265185631.png

sp_1_1-1608265305479.png

Also, I have cleared the Portal Cache. Still, it's not working.

Thank you

Hi @sp_1 ,

Did you also enable Entity Permissions on the entity list itself (you can verify that by opening entity list form and in the first tab see if Enable Entity Permissions checkbox is checked)?

Hi @OOlashyn,

My "Enable Entity Permissions" checkbox is unchecked. Do I need to check that box?

Yes you need to check that box. If left unchecked entity permission are not applied to the entity list and some functionality might not work (including the one that you want to enable).

Hi @OOlashyn,

Thank you for your response. I check the checkbox for "Enable Entity Permissions" and it works.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (2,943)