Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbonera
Advocate I
Advocate I

Javascript to check all cells are yes in a table and remove class from button

Hi

Any help, guidance, is this right place for javascript questions for portal, i hope so.

I have an entity list and one column has a yes/no response .  I am trying to get it so that once all rows are completed and the answered column is all yes's then remove a class from a button so it can be clicked.

entitylist.PNG

I have this code already that colours the rows green when they are yes , but if i replace $(this).parent().addClass('success'); with $('mybtn).removeClass('disabled');  it would make the button active when any are yes

$(document).ready(function (){
$(".entitylist.entity-grid").on("loaded", function () {
$(this).children(".view-grid").find("td[data-attribute='py3_yescheck']").each(function (){
// do something with each row
if ($(this).text() == 'Yes') {
$(this).parent().addClass('success');
}
});
});
});

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sbonera,

You need to identify the output of all iterations in the each statement. Consider the following:

var isSuccess = true;
        $(this).children(".view-grid").find("td[data-attribute='py3_yescheck']").each(function (){
            if ($(this).text() == 'No') {
                isSuccess = false;
            }
        });
        if (isSuccess) {
            $('mybtn).removeClass('disabled');
        }
    });
});

Please note that there are fundamental flaws to this approach: if your grid becomes paginated (there is more than one page), this will only look at the visible page. This means that if you have sorting enabled, they can intentionally sort to hide the "No" responses" and enable the button.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @sbonera,

You need to identify the output of all iterations in the each statement. Consider the following:

var isSuccess = true;
            if ($(this).text() == 'No') {
                isSuccess = false;
            }
        });
        if (isSuccess) {
            $('mybtn).removeClass('disabled');
        }
    });
});

Please note that there are fundamental flaws to this approach: if your grid becomes paginated (there is more than one page), this will only look at the visible page. This means that if you have sorting enabled, they can intentionally sort to hide the "No" responses" and enable the button.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (19,498)