cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FilipB
Regular Visitor

Keywords meta tag SEO

Hello,

I would like to add a 'keywords' meta tag for each page on our portal. I know that I can change the 'title' and 'description' meta tags via localized content pages, but I've not been able to find the same option for keywords. Is this possibility even provided? If not, is there some hack to add the tag?

I have found a similar post but it is related only to description meta tag and I was able to update this:

SEO meta data and Head Tag 

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

hi, I wrote an article a while ago on adding Metatags to the Portals: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2020/06/14/power-apps-portals-adding-head-meta-tag/

In the article I am not doing it by page, by might be doable to add liquid and try to make it by page

Hope it helps

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

Thank you for the reply; I know the post and as you've said it does not comply with the by-page scenario.

Can you give me an example of how would you do it with liquid? A high-level example is fine.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @FilipB here is an example of how to apply Liquid to make the meta tags conditional:

OliverRodrigues_0-1618744705698.png

OliverRodrigues_1-1618744880390.png

{% if page.adx_name == "Product A (sample)"%}
    <meta property="test" content="my conditional meta tag">
{% endif %}

I am checking by the page name, but this could be the title / id, many other attributes from the Page object: Use Liquid objects for a portal - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

If you want to extend this even further, you could add a new custom attribute to the Page table to define the meta tags per each page, and then in your Content Snippet you could render them dynamically 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,391)