cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndySingh28
Frequent Visitor

Label is not getting displayed on the portal.

Hi,

I have maintained label for an attribute in Entity Form Metadata in Portal Management App. However it is not getting displayed on the portal.

AndySingh28_1-1635891672239.png

Portal ->

AndySingh28_0-1635891665425.png

For the same Entity Form Metadata I have created Description. Description shows perfectly on the portal. 

AndySingh28_4-1635892683352.png

Portal->

AndySingh28_3-1635892280125.png

Is there any way to show the label on the portal?

I have performed following actions but the issue is not resolved: clearing portal cache, republished form in CE environment, recreated new entity form metadata,..

Regards,

Anand

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@AndySingh28

If it appears and then disappears there must be some JavaScript on your Web page is doing so, so try to check any scripts there on your Web page.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

Hi @AndySingh28 

There may be two root cause for your use case 

1. Check whether you have any custom CSS loaded onto your portal 

2. Make sure you don't have any chrome extensions on your browser. 

If both are not there then you can simply move the label above the box using "Custom CSS" by adding position property 

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_class_position.asp 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

10 REPLIES 10
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@AndySingh28 

On the DataVerse form, can you check this? If the Hide Label is not ticked

Mira_Ghaly_0-1635894862478.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

AndySingh28
Frequent Visitor

@Mira_Ghaly  I just checked the column in DataVerse form. Hide label is not checked.

AndySingh28_0-1635896910066.png

@AndySingh28 

If you tried to clear cache and check the form , Just try to use Incognito or go to make.powerapps.com , go to apps , edit  your portal and try Sync Configuration then browse website

Mira_Ghaly_0-1635899282542.png

AndySingh28
Frequent Visitor

@Mira_Ghaly  I tried with both options: 1. Incognito and 2. Edit App > sync config > Browse website. However, the Label is still blank.

What I notice is that the label appears for just a fraction of a second and goes away.

FYI - For other attributes on the screen, labels are displayed properly. The issue is just with one of the attributes. I have created the same way as others and compared it with other entities form metadata. There is no difference. 

AndySingh28_0-1635943459890.png

Regards,

Anand

@AndySingh28

If it appears and then disappears there must be some JavaScript on your Web page is doing so, so try to check any scripts there on your Web page.

Hi @AndySingh28 

If you have followed @Mira_Ghaly suggestions, then as Mira stated it must be JavaScript. Could you please try the following 

1. On the rendered portal > right-click > inspect element and get the field name. You can also get it from Dataverse table column 

In portal management

1. Under Content > Web pages > Where your form is located 

2. Localized content > Advanced > Custom JavaScript 

3. Add the following code 

$(document).ready(function() {
    console.log(555, "Ragavan Test");
    $("#cr5ce_disablitystatus_label").html("Important Label Change");
});

Note: Replace the label name

4. Save and close 

In portal studio: 

1. Sync configuration > Browse the website 

2. Ctrl + F5 ( hard refresh) 

You can see your label updated. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

AndySingh28
Frequent Visitor

@ragavanrajan @Mira_Ghaly Thanks for your answers.

I made the changes in custom javascript. The label appears now but inside the box. How can I make it displayed outside the box?

AndySingh28_1-1636039642488.png

Regards,

Anand

@AndySingh28 are you sure you have used _label? 

Hi @AndySingh28 

There may be two root cause for your use case 

1. Check whether you have any custom CSS loaded onto your portal 

2. Make sure you don't have any chrome extensions on your browser. 

If both are not there then you can simply move the label above the box using "Custom CSS" by adding position property 

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_class_position.asp 

Hope it helps. 
------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,745)