cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabiolaRT

License self-service portal

Hi guys!

I have a some questions about self-service portal.

I have a crm customer service module, we want to implement a self-service portal

Do I need a license for each customer that logs into the portal?

How the credentials generated for customers that log to the portal?

Thanks & regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @FabiolaRT,

Power Apps Portals are licensed in a couple ways:

• Page views for anonymous access. For a fully public website with no user logins, you would only need to purchase enough page views per month packs to accomodate your peak loads.
  • Logins per month (e.g. Pack of 200 logins/mo). You don't need to license a specific user. Each unique login over a 24 hour period counts as 1 login (the same person logging in several times in a day is still counted as 1). For example, If the same person logged in every day in a month it would be ~30 logins. Note that you'll still need to purchase a page views per month to account for page views prior to users logging in. 

With regards to Portal Users, they are associated with a Contact record. If you are using the built in authentication provider with Portals, the password is also stored securely in the database managed by Portals. You can also integrate any external identity provider that supports industry standard protocols such as Open ID connect, Oauth2, SAML2, or Ws-federation.

More information available at the references below:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-portal-authentication

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @FabiolaRT,

Power Apps Portals are licensed in a couple ways:

• Page views for anonymous access. For a fully public website with no user logins, you would only need to purchase enough page views per month packs to accomodate your peak loads.
  • Logins per month (e.g. Pack of 200 logins/mo). You don't need to license a specific user. Each unique login over a 24 hour period counts as 1 login (the same person logging in several times in a day is still counted as 1). For example, If the same person logged in every day in a month it would be ~30 logins. Note that you'll still need to purchase a page views per month to account for page views prior to users logging in. 

With regards to Portal Users, they are associated with a Contact record. If you are using the built in authentication provider with Portals, the password is also stored securely in the database managed by Portals. You can also integrate any external identity provider that supports industry standard protocols such as Open ID connect, Oauth2, SAML2, or Ws-federation.

More information available at the references below:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-portal-authentication

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the information Chris! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,270)