cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnbradbury
Helper I
Helper I

Licensing clarification and possible workarounds

I've been designing a case management solution in PowerApps for our IT and HR functions, and even if I do say so myself it's not looking too shabby. Yesterday I started to look at the addition of a portal function to allow all of our internal staff to browse service offerings and complete forms to raise queries and requests.

I'd also eventually like to make this a good place for them to get progress updates but that's a future feature.

The problem is I think in order to use that portal to browse and complete forms, they are going to need a full 'per App' license. With a internal community of 12,000 potential staff that's just not going to be financially viable. Please tell me Microsoft have a cheaper way for people to browse and complete forms?

1 REPLY 1
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @johnbradbury 

Portals require licensing. But from your context, if you are an enterprise company the best option for you is to go with "Per User Plan" licensing. Which will definitely save you money and allow you to build and utilize more powerapps including the portal. 

NB: Also, you can talk to your Microsoft account manager to see any offerings for your organization.  

ragavanrajan_0-1635366825313.png

Alternatively, If it is only "forms" you can try Microsoft forms which come with an E3/ E5 license ( Office 365 licensing. But may not be a good fit for your business applications. 

So the above suggestion will work. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,786)