cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Licensing for Power Automate in Microsoft Office 365 for Teachers

Hello friends: In this opportunity I need please help me with a license We currently have the Microsoft Office 365 A1 license for teachers. I am implementing the AttendanceApp, this application saves the information in sharepoint lists. From Power Automate i create a flow that runs when a record is added to the lists or when there is a modification. In the flow I am using the premium HTTP connector, (currently I am in a trial period) but according to the documentation I need to acquire a premium license to consume the flow. Within the Power Automate flow, it only took the data that is being manipulated and sent to a php file to store it in a BD of MySQL, through the premium HTTP connector. My doubts are the following: 1.- Considering that I run the flow when there is a new record or modification of a record in the SharePoint lists, (understanding that I don't use it through the AttendanceApp), do I need to acquire a Power Automate license? Or can I just choose to migrate to the Office365 A3 teacher license? Very grateful if you can clarify these doubts. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Licensing for Power Automate in Microsoft Office 365 for Teachers

Hi @firektl 

I will try to answer in a short and concise way.  

There are many ways you can achieve your needs. Based on your current design If you are using any premium connectors then you have to acquire Power Automate per user plan. You are right you dont need to use your AttendanceApp(PowerApp) for this operation. 

A3 license will have more apps but not premium connectors as far as I am aware. 

Official FAQs for your kind attention: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq 

Some thoughts to consider: 

If you have longer term vision to automate and build more powerapps with PowerAutomate then you can opt in to Power Automate per flow plan  

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Licensing for Power Automate in Microsoft Office 365 for Teachers

Hi @firektl 

I will try to answer in a short and concise way.  

There are many ways you can achieve your needs. Based on your current design If you are using any premium connectors then you have to acquire Power Automate per user plan. You are right you dont need to use your AttendanceApp(PowerApp) for this operation. 

A3 license will have more apps but not premium connectors as far as I am aware. 

Official FAQs for your kind attention: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq 

Some thoughts to consider: 

If you have longer term vision to automate and build more powerapps with PowerAutomate then you can opt in to Power Automate per flow plan  

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,711)