cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cris2
Helper II
Helper II

Lookup dialog - replace check box with radio buttons

The lookup dialog box where the user can select a single value is showing check boxes.

Cris2_0-1632517016033.png

I tried adding a metadata for the attribute and setting the control style to 'Option Set as Vertical Radio Button List', but this did not work.

How can I change them to radio buttons?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hershal1999
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Cris2 Since your attribute (column) is of type lookup you will not be able to render it as a radio button with the out-of-box Basic Form MetaData. The only option that you have is to render it as a dropdown as shown below

hershal1999_0-1632529755063.png

if you have the attribute of the type option set then you will be able to convert that into a radio button. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hershal1999
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Cris2 Since your attribute (column) is of type lookup you will not be able to render it as a radio button with the out-of-box Basic Form MetaData. The only option that you have is to render it as a dropdown as shown below

hershal1999_0-1632529755063.png

if you have the attribute of the type option set then you will be able to convert that into a radio button. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Cris2 

I'm afraid that there is no possible way to change checkbox to radio button in lookup record dialog box.

if your entity(Code) records are not too much for Code lookup, then you can try solution given by @hershal1999 in above reply.

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

Cris2
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you both for your response. 

The constraint as a lookup does not allow this, and a drop down is an alternate.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,927)