Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oml
Helper II
Helper II

Managing pictures on a portal

Hi,

I have created a custom entity named "Property Unit" in MS D365 CE. For this entity, I have made a lot of records, ie a lot of units (apartments) with data.

Currently, I have a portal that shows all my "vacant" apartments, but I handle the images for these apartments externally and they are currently not related to the individual records at all.

I am therefore trying to find a solution on how to handle images related to a particular record in MS D365 CE and have these images displayed on a portal.

To see the scenario from a different perspective, one could imagine a webshop selling products. The webshop, of course, has a number of images for each product. How do I best handle images for the product - in my case - images for the apartment?

As the portal is now, I view various data from a record using liquid code. But I do not know how to handle images that are related to the record.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean here is a link to my portal: https://yavica-self-service.powerappsportals.com/properties/rent/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @oml

If you have multiple images for single apartment record then you have to store images on Azure Blob Storage.

While you are storing the images on Azure Blob Storage you will get an Open Url for uploaded image. Then you can store that URL in another custom entity related to particular apartment. 

Now about Portal, you can display Images using liquid code as per stored Images in related custom images. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
the365bit
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @oml ,

You have a few options:

* You could create an Image field in your custom entity, add the field to the form and display it in your portals

* You could create a normal text field and store the image as base64string and decode it in your portals

* You could enable notes in your entity and upload attachments to it and rendering in your portals

You might want to create a new entity to handle the images though as I imagine that an apartment could have more than 1 image assigned to it.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @oml

If you have multiple images for single apartment record then you have to store images on Azure Blob Storage.

While you are storing the images on Azure Blob Storage you will get an Open Url for uploaded image. Then you can store that URL in another custom entity related to particular apartment. 

Now about Portal, you can display Images using liquid code as per stored Images in related custom images. 

View solution in original post

Hi @hardikv,

Thank you very much for your answer.

So if I want to store images (or files) in Azure Blob Storage I will have to get a subscription for this service? In other words, Azure Blob Storage is a different service than Dynamics 365 CE and Power Apps, correct?

hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @oml 

Yes, you'll need an Azure subscription. Azure will give you free trial.

For more info please refer this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-quickstart-blobs-portal

Above link will help you to create azure subcription, azure storage account and blob storage.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,226)