Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SalmaBegum
Microsoft
Microsoft

Maximum file size for file data type is not reflecting in classic solutions

Hi,

By using make.powerapps.com , I have a entity and created a new column of file data type with maximum size "131072KB".

I included the column in a form, and it's working.

But when i exported the changes in my code, i.e; entity.xml and form.xml, and when i imported the solution in a new org( in classic version), the newly created column with maximum size "131072KB" is rolled back to 32,768KB.  Please help me to fix this.

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @SalmaBegum ,

May I know which tool you are using to export and import in to new environment. Configuration migration utility works really well.

Url for reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration 

I have personally used many times with good success rate! 

Hope it helps

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @SalmaBegum,

This community is typically just for PowerApps Portals, whereas it sounds like you need a Dataverse solution.

That being said, are you able to create a new field in the target environment with that file size (- or can you even, in the classic UI?)? Just trying to figure out if the issue is only when importing a solution or if it also occurs on create of a field directly.

You may need to open a ticket, though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (14,920)