Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SalmaBegum
Microsoft
Microsoft

Maximum file size for file data type is not reflecting in classic solutions

Hi,

By using make.powerapps.com , I have a entity and created a new column of file data type with maximum size "131072KB".

I included the column in a form, and it's working.

But when i exported the changes in my code, i.e; entity.xml and form.xml, and when i imported the solution in a new org( in classic version), the newly created column with maximum size "131072KB" is rolled back to 32,768KB.  Please help me to fix this.

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @SalmaBegum ,

May I know which tool you are using to export and import in to new environment. Configuration migration utility works really well.

Url for reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration 

I have personally used many times with good success rate! 

Hope it helps

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @SalmaBegum,

This community is typically just for PowerApps Portals, whereas it sounds like you need a Dataverse solution.

That being said, are you able to create a new field in the target environment with that file size (- or can you even, in the classic UI?)? Just trying to figure out if the issue is only when importing a solution or if it also occurs on create of a field directly.

You may need to open a ticket, though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (18,270)