Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgx91
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft Portal Studio preview stopped working

Hello experts,

I'm started working on a new customer service template Microsoft Portal yesterday.

Everything worked as expecting, but suddenly I can't preview pages in Portal studio, I got error loading preview dialog.

I restarted portal, changed browser, logged out and in, but the issue persist.

Strangely browsing the site works, the issue is portal studio related.

See the picture below:

rgx91_0-1636878734215.png

There are 500 code errors, when portal try to connect.

I enabled and disabled custom errors in admin center, but this message not changes.

I enabled diagnostic logs, however portal studio errors not logged at all!

Any suggestion? Or just raise a ticket to Microsoft?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We got a response back from Microsoft.
Here is the solution supplied to us:

We have discussed internally and the possible reason why the issue occurred on your side can be related to a new render engine we are implementing for trial portals. If this occurs again in the future, please add the following query to the URL so the old render engine is used to quickly unblock you:

?powerportal-designer.enableMultiTenancy=false&powerportals-common.enableMultiTenancy=false

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @rgx91 

I am not sure about the actual root cause but can you try my below article suggestions 

https://link.medium.com/3XbEGtPPalb 

Once the portal is upgraded. Sync config and ctrl + F5. 

If the problem persists then please raise a ticket with Microsoft. 

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Hello, thank you for taking time answering this issue.

I looked the portal packages as you bloged, but I have the newest version, as Microsoft notified me.

Also checked version:

rgx91_0-1636880806221.png

Tomorrow we raise a ticket, if community or me can't find a solution until that.

Hi @rgx91 

Then in that case few weeks back customers were facing a similar problem. So should be some azure issue. To be more specific the portal architecture hosted in the azure region might have some problems. Please raise a ticket as priority. 

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

We got a response back from Microsoft.
Here is the solution supplied to us:

We have discussed internally and the possible reason why the issue occurred on your side can be related to a new render engine we are implementing for trial portals. If this occurs again in the future, please add the following query to the URL so the old render engine is used to quickly unblock you:

?powerportal-designer.enableMultiTenancy=false&powerportals-common.enableMultiTenancy=false

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

MPP IDEAS

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Users online (2,926)