cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Microsoft PowerApp Portal - Give access to PowerApps Portal users for cases based on the Parent Account

Hello All,

The requirement is to give access to the users who can read, write and delete Cases as below.

> Display the cases of the all children accounts of logged-in contacts.accounts.parent-account.
> Logged In Contact.Account.ParentAccount == Case.Account  

For Example:
> Account A1 is parent account for Contact C1
> The A1 Account has Parent Account i.e. PA1
> Account A2 is child account of PA1

Based on the above scenario, I want to list cases related to accounts PA1, A1, and A2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Microsoft PowerApp Portal - Give access to PowerApps Portal users for cases based on the Parent Account

Have you tried setting up the required Entity Permissions using a combination of Account and Parent Scope?

Setup an Entity Permission on Account, using Account Scope and use the Parent Account Relationship.  Then create another permission using Parent Scope (on Account) and use the Child Account Relationship.  In theory this should give you access to both layers of accounts.

Then of course you need the Entity Permission on Cases, using Parent Scope on the Account to Case Relationship.

Haven't tried it myself, but that might work.

Nick

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Microsoft PowerApp Portal - Give access to PowerApps Portal users for cases based on the Parent Account

@Ancy 

Could you try to set the Filter Conditions of Entity list in Portal Management?

43136.Capture.PNG

Sik

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thanks for the help, Nick.

Yes, I have tried setting-up Entity Permissions using Account and Parent Scope, but it does not work for me. I have setup Entity Permissions as below. As you suggested about Parent Account Relationship and Child Account Relationship, In my scenario there is only one relationship as specified below:

AccountEntityPermission1
Scope: Account
Relationshipaccount_parent_account

AccountEntityPermission2
Scope: Parent
ParentEntityPermission: AccountEntityPermission1
Relationshipaccount_parent_account

CaseEntityPermission
Scope: Parent 
ParentEntityPermission: AccountEntityPermission2
Relationshipincident_customer_accounts

Note: The below image shows the relationship of MasterParentAccount, ParentAccounts, and ChildAccounts(PFA). The ParentAccount1 Account is selected in the Account lookup on the logged-in Contact record.
                  Account Hierarchy.PNG

The above EntityPermission setup lists only ParentAccount1 Accounts Cases.

When I have changed CaseEntityPermission as below then the cases of ParentAccount1, ChildAccount1, and ChildAccount2 are accessible. 

CaseEntityPermission  
ParentEntityPermission: AccountEntityPermission1

I want to access cases of accounts of MasterParentAccount Hierarchy. Is this possible in Power Apps Portals?

Thank you
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Thanks for the help, Sik.

Yes, I have tried Filter Conditions on Case Entity List, but that does not work for me.

When selecting account lookup in Account Attribute then it will filtered case records based on selected account lookup field of the case. But I want to filter cases based on Parent Account of logged-in Contacts Accounts.

Thank you

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Did you manage to resolve this, as I have the same issue? I want to be able to show parent and child account related records to a user if the contact is related to the parent account. 

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,727)