cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzalar
Regular Visitor

Modified by "SYSTEM" when portal user makes changes to a record on portal

Hi! 

I would like to configure a workflow, that triggers and sends email only when changes are made by portal user (contact) on entity form (on portal). 

When portal contact changes field values on entity form (on portal), value of the field "Modified by" is SYSTEM - as if SYSTEM user modified the record.

I wanted to use a condition in my workflow --> if modifiedby equals SYSTEM, then send email. When I try to use SYSTEM user, this user does not appear in "Look Up Records" window - as if the user does not exist.

My questions are:

How can I access this user to use it as a condition in my workflow (I need to send an email only if portal contact made changes to the record on portal). Did anyone else face similar problems and how did you solve it? 

Is there any other way to distinguish who made changes to the record (CRM user or Portal contact user)

Thank you! 

Regards, 

Tjaša 

1 REPLY 1
nhayduk
MVP

One thing you can try is creating a lookup to contact on your record that represents the last modified by contact.  Then use Entity Form Metadata to save the current portal user to that lookup when the form is saved.

Then you can trigger your workflow off of that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,810)