cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Multiple requirement to work on.

Hello All Experts,

Below are some requirements which i need to perform.

1. I need to add multiple custom buttons on the form.

2. I need to pass the query string from one page to another when clicked one of the custom button.

3. I need to read the same querystring on the other form.

4. Based on the querystring i need to fetch the data from cds and then show it on all the fields present on the form. 

It will be more appreciable to have this in the system.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, everything below mentioned is achievable with a little bit of code:

1 - if you have an OOB entity form, you can add JS adding the buttons/custom html elements, for example:

var myButtonLabel = "{{ snippets['My Button Label'] }}"; // (optional) you can use a Content Snippet or hardcode the button label
var myLink = "/my-page"; // you can hard-code your page, or (preferably) you can add into a site marker
var myButton = "<a class='btn btn-primary' style='margin-top:12px' href=" + myLink + ">" + myButtonLabel + "</a>";

$("#<field you want to place the button after>").parent().append(myButton);

2 - you can use native JavaScript functions to read the URL: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/URLSearchParams

3 - you might consider Liquid code, in your case I would create a custom Web Template (and Page Template) and add your code there. You can read the query string parameters and render whatever you need: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/liquid/liquid-objects

4 - via Liquid you can run FetchXML to retrieve CDS data

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hello @EmployeeOcta 

Please confirm if @OliverRodrigues's answer helped you.

Cheers!

Pranjali

Actually i am new in this , i need to first try above mention options and then will be able to accept as solution.

but for the time being highly likable and appreciable content . 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (46,655)