cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chauhanhardik
Frequent Visitor

Navigate to parent page after sub-grid record creation

Hi Community,

I have scenario in PowerApps portals where I need your help.

In PowerApps portal, currently I am opening one Consumer entity record from entity list and navigating to a web page where I can edit this record, on this Consumer entity form I have a referral sub-grid and from this sub-grid user can create a new referral record. For that I have designed another web page for Referral. Once user created a referral record user can see success message. But here I want to navigate back to Consumer web page once referral record is created from sub-grid on Consumer form.

Please suggest me how to do this.

Thanks!

Hardik

1 REPLY 1
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @chauhanhardik,

On the entity form, you have On Success Settings tab which allows you to configure form behaviour after data was submitted. There you can select Redirect option in On Success field, then in Redirect section select Web Page where you would like to redirect. Because you want to open not just a page but a page with another entity form you need to pass record id as a parameter. To do so you have fields Append Attribute Value to Query String - Parameter Name where you need to type id and in Append Attribute Value to Query String - Attribute Logical Name write the name of the field on referral which is pointing to Consumer entity. 

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,231)