cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarathMohan
Helper II
Helper II

Need suggestion on few requirements on power apps portal portal cache management

Team,

Could you hep on this regards please?

What are the best practices for securing browser cache.

What are the different ways to load data items to cache.

As the data to power portal is coming from external APIS, there is a requirement to load the data to cache to reduce multiple api calls, however since the data size is more its taking minimum 20 to 230 seconds for load the data. Is there any mechanism to have a intermediate layer to access the cache or any suggestions around how to find a best solution around this.

Regards,

Mohan

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

please take a look at this article: https://www.engineeredcode.com/blog/power-apps-portals-changes-to-caching

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Thanks for the response, my scenarion is different from the link. I am using external api calls for records population etc. I am not using CDS for these operations hence need to identify if I can use browser cache mechanisms in powerapps portal.

Regards,

Sarath Mohan

Hi @SarathMohan ,

If you are talking about Cache API then the answer is yes - you can use it with powerapps portal, because Cache API is part of the browser api and didn't depend on the website. You can check out this quick start guide on how to use cache api.

Hope this will help.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Hi,

I am not speaking anything about "cache API" specifically, just want to know what are the best practices that can be used for enabling cache, here we are using many API requests so I need to know what is the best practices for cache management.

Regards,

Sarath Mohan

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,070)