cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Need to get adx_webrole_contact Entity to use in Portal page to give user an option to relate Contact with Web Roles

Hi Experts,

I am having one requirement where I need to give an option to user in portal to relate the Contact with Web Roles but when I checked the Contact entity relationship with web role then I found that "adx_webrole_contact" entity is responsible for M:M relationship. but I am not able to find this entity in CDS.

Contact & WebRole Entity.PNGContact & WebRole Entity.PNG

Basically, I am trying to give some admin related task in the portal to my client because we are hosting the environment for the client in our tenant and we can't able to give access to portal management and Environment in our Tenant.

Could you please help with this? Can I achieve this in the portal?

Thanks,

Amit

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Need to get adx_webrole_contact Entity to use in Portal page to give user an option to relate Contact with Web Roles

Hi, yes by CDS definition we can't really see the N:N entity, we call that a native N:N relationship.

There is an OOB action (that we can easily call via Workflow) to associate a contact with a Web Role. So for example if you have an entity list or an entity form you can configure your Portal object (entity list/form) to trigger your Workflow from there

On your workflow definitions you can add the following action:

OliverRodrigues_0-1602840596293.png

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Need to get adx_webrole_contact Entity to use in Portal page to give user an option to relate Contact with Web Roles

Hi @OliverRodrigues 

Thanks for your response!

I am not able to figure out the steps which I need to perform to achieve it.

Could you please share the steps which I need to perform to achieve the requirement in the portal to assign Web Roles for different users.

I know we have to use the entity list to display all the contact and then we have to edit the contact records to assign the web roles but what all different steps required to perform next I am not sure. Like you mentioned we can call the Workflow and etc.

Please help me with this to understand the steps.

Thanks,

Amit

Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @AmitSah,

One negative of Oliver's suggestion is that you will need to create a workflow for each web role and then have a button to run each workflow (without adding customization to call the workflows by other means).

Have you considered giving the admin (or a custom role) the Append/Append To permissions for both Contact and Web Role, then just having a form for those users specifically with the Web Role subgrid on it for the admins to Associate with? From what I can recall, this would operate similarly to a Partner Portal.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/portals/configure-web-roles-partner-portal

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Justin has a valid argument there, but you just need to see if you have several web roles that you want to assign.. or if they would be triggered by a different process each or the same process would assign all web roles the selected contact.. but this might still be the most simple solution

so step by step, you need to:

• first create your workflow itself, for this you can navigate to make.powerapps.com --> solutions, create or open your own solution here
  • seconds step is to create a Workflow, you will need to navigate to the classic workflow editor here, you can click on the ellipses and switch to go to the classic solution editor:

OliverRodrigues_0-1602951117191.png

• now click on Process, on the left menu and create a new process.. you are going to create a Process with the following properties:
    • Type: Workflow
    • Real Time / Background: I will let you chose here, if you need the information to reflect on the Portal synchronously, chose real-time
    • Chose a name for your workflow
    • Entity: Contact
    • in your workflow steps, add the Assign Web Role that I mentioned earlier
    • Set the scope to Organization
    • on the trigger options, select On-Demand and uncheck the default when Record is created
    • and finally activate your Workflow

you can also add additional validations there if you need.. 

okay, now go back to your Entity List and you gonna find the Actions where you can trigger a Workflow, add this option and select your workflow there

clear the cache and you will see a new button on the Entity List.. from there the user will be able to assign a web role for the selected contact now

hope this helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,609)