cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukas_nz
Regular Visitor

Newbie Question #2 - How do I remove sign in from my menu?

Making a fully anonymous portal so I want to remove all sign-in links/info and search. 

I've disabled search, deactived pages etc and all the options on the sign-in page in my portal, but I haven't figured out how to find a way to disable "sign-in" in my portal menu or the actual sign-in page. Is there a way to do this?  The menu is more important athestically, but be good if I could find a way to disable the sign-in page too. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I recommend avoid deactivating the Web Pages itself, there are a few Site Settings that can help you with that

in regards disable login, I wouldn't really recommend that, you might need to clear the cache from time to time in your Portal to reflect the most recent configuration, I am giving two options to disable login below here

Disable Search:

set the Site Settings "Search/Enabled" to false

Disable Login (personally I don't recommend):

set below site settings to false, you will need to Restart the portal via Admin Center to reflect, as some of this are loaded when the website starts in Azure/server level: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/admin-overview

• Authentication/Registration/Enabled
  • Authentication/Registration/AzureADLoginEnabled
  • Authentication/Registration/ExternalLoginEnabled
  • Authentication/Registration/InvitationEnabled
  • Authentication/Registration/LocalLoginEnabled

Even by deactivating the above, the SignIn link will still be present on the menu, and you need to hide it via JS, which comes to my recommended approach

Disable Login (recommended):

Leave at least one login type enabled for clearing cache purposes, and hide the sign in via JS

• Open the Web Template Header, and at the bottom there is some JavaScript code, within the window.onload function add the following code:
$('a[href^="/SignIn"]').hide();

hidesignin.PNG

• The above will hide the SignIn link, but you might notice that there is a small delay, and the user will still know that the SignIn exists, so I recommend changing the SignIn text to a simple "-" or "."
  • Create a Content Snippet called "links/login" with the text

snippet.PNG

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I recommend avoid deactivating the Web Pages itself, there are a few Site Settings that can help you with that

in regards disable login, I wouldn't really recommend that, you might need to clear the cache from time to time in your Portal to reflect the most recent configuration, I am giving two options to disable login below here

Disable Search:

set the Site Settings "Search/Enabled" to false

Disable Login (personally I don't recommend):

set below site settings to false, you will need to Restart the portal via Admin Center to reflect, as some of this are loaded when the website starts in Azure/server level: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/admin-overview

• Authentication/Registration/Enabled
  • Authentication/Registration/AzureADLoginEnabled
  • Authentication/Registration/ExternalLoginEnabled
  • Authentication/Registration/InvitationEnabled
  • Authentication/Registration/LocalLoginEnabled

Even by deactivating the above, the SignIn link will still be present on the menu, and you need to hide it via JS, which comes to my recommended approach

Disable Login (recommended):

Leave at least one login type enabled for clearing cache purposes, and hide the sign in via JS

• Open the Web Template Header, and at the bottom there is some JavaScript code, within the window.onload function add the following code:
$('a[href^="/SignIn"]').hide();

hidesignin.PNG

• The above will hide the SignIn link, but you might notice that there is a small delay, and the user will still know that the SignIn exists, so I recommend changing the SignIn text to a simple "-" or "."
  • Create a Content Snippet called "links/login" with the text

snippet.PNG

------------

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Thanks, this is perfect! Super appreciate Oliver!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,066)