cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joao_Santos

Not Able to add Condition on a calculated field

Good Evening support and Everyone, 

I am trying for some time to create a calculated field in a table on a Portal. I can add an Action but not any condition. 

This table has the aim to gather all certificates of equipment and this calculated field should calculate time left to expire. 

then i'll check what is the best way to issue some email alerts when this date is reaching. 

As soon as I click on add a CONDITION, it is getting me this set up, and it seems that I can't change it. 

Joao_Santos_0-1640206584106.png

Any one can help me on this subject? 

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Joao_Santos 

You can try setting the business rules in 

1. Table> your table > Business rules > Add business rule 

ragavanrajan_0-1640209936035.png

ragavanrajan_1-1640210079141.png

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Dear ragavanrajan, Thank you for your prompt reply.

This will be used surely for the highlight or to set a field with priority number.

But i would like to have a calculation field with the number of days missing.

Do you have an idea why i cannot add a condition ?

Best regards

Hi @Joao_Santos 

Assuming your certificate attachment field is text type, then try pressing ctrl + F5 on the calculation window 

For me as soon as I enter double quotes and hit ok then it is converted to two double quotes. Screenshot below 

ragavanrajan_0-1640214847734.png

Ctrl + F5 will solve your problem I think. Remove the calculation completely and try again 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,505)