sundar1807
Regular Visitor

Parent/Child save in Portal

How to achieve parent/Child save in PowerApps PORTAL

11 REPLIES 11
tfraser
Frequent Visitor

I am trying to solve the same problem.

I have an advanced form which includes multiple steps using form tabs from multiple tables.

I need to set the relationship between the main record created in the advanced form and the subgrids that create multiple records in multiple tables.

How can this be achieved?

A an advanced form step showing a form tab from Table A:

tfraser_0-1646848012551.png

An advanced form step showing a form subgrid from table b:

tfraser_1-1646848078224.png

The relationship between Table A (Factfind) and Table B (Expenditure Details)

tfraser_2-1646848161131.png

tfraser
Frequent Visitor

I found the solution to this today.

I had previously established that it was necessary to use subgrids within an advanced form to link the main advanced form record with the records being created from a subgrid, however they weren't being related to each other.

I realised that to get subgrid records to relate to the main record created by the advanced form - the box 'Show Related Records' should be ticked when adding the subgrid to the table form.

tfraser_0-1647008146719.png

Now, when a record is created from a subgrid, it is related to the record being created by the advanced form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,904)