cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gman0104
Frequent Visitor

Pass value across multipl web pages

Hi i have  base web template with an input control that I want to store a GUID in which can be accessed by each web page on my portal that use this base template. I populate the control, but when i move to a new page the value is reset. I was expecting it to remain! My question is how can i share this value, so it can be accessed on any of my web pages.  This control was just an idea but how could I store this value globally?

Any advice would be Great

3 REPLIES 3
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @gman0104 ,

Base template means that all of the pages that use it have the same HTML and other things that you add to base template. When you open a new page it will just load a new page and didn't save anything as you didn't implement any saving mechanism. You can save that value to the system via Web API and populate it onload using fetchxml for example. Or if it is relevant only during a user session and doesn't need to be saved back to Dataverse you can store data in local storage and populate on load.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Thanks I'm just going to store the value in Dataverse using the API. 

Kundan_Sah
Helper I
Helper I

You can also store the value in session storage and use it any page you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (17,596)