Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlowHawk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Passing portal language to Azure B2C

There are a couple ideas about this issue (go vote):

External authentication with OpenID Connect should... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)
Azure AD B2C - Multilingual Support - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

(1) Improve portal Language integration when using Azu... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

But I have a really hard time thinking no one has figured a workaround for this. Basically the user can select a language to view the portal from options in the upper-right. However, when they click to sign in, that language selection is not passed to Azure B2C. Instead, Azure B2C will show in the default language of the internet browser. The B2C user flows can accept a ui_locales parameter and Power Apps portals has a language parameter. Has anyone found a way to connect the two??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OmarZaarour
Advocate I
Advocate I

Good question! I don't think there is a way to do what you want without going into the custom signup/signin route.

First you need to create your own custom B2C signup/in page. See the following as an example (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/azure-ad-b2c)

Then, since your custom page is a portal page, you need to change labels/buttons/texts based on the portal language that is in effect right now. you can use a liquid attribute called language_code to get you the language. Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FlowHawk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you create a separate signup/signin user flow entirely in French and somehow call the different user flows? I haven't found a way to do this either.

OmarZaarour
Advocate I
Advocate I

Good question! I don't think there is a way to do what you want without going into the custom signup/signin route.

First you need to create your own custom B2C signup/in page. See the following as an example (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/azure-ad-b2c)

Then, since your custom page is a portal page, you need to change labels/buttons/texts based on the portal language that is in effect right now. you can use a liquid attribute called language_code to get you the language. Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Thanks Omar, this is the route I will go down! Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,812)