Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlowHawk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Password Reset Redirects to "Sign In Failed" page

Hey all,

I've configured my Power Apps portal to use Azure B2C for external authentication. Everything works great except for this one piece. When a user resets their password they are redirected to .../Account/Login/ExternalAuthenticationFailed with this error:

FlowHawk_0-1620233281188.png

If they click "Sign in" and use their newly reset password, they authenticate correctly. What that means is that the password reset flow is resetting their password correctly, but just redirecting the user to an error page. How can I change this user experience?

Note: I set up the Azure AD B2C using the wizard at make.preview.powerapps.com so I haven't manually configured any settings.

14 REPLIES 14
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

I am glad it worked 

@justinburch would you be able to let the product team aware of this possible issue? 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @FlowHawk,

If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend submitting a ticket to Microsoft so this can be appropriately tracked and investigated. I'm not sure if anyone from the product team browses this community, but I think that's their preferred method of identifying issues so that they know who the point of contact is.

Glad to see you got a workaround, though!

ok two things on this:

1. I can't even access a wizard for setting up B2C for my portals
  2. I've been wrestling with the Microsoft documentation for manual B2C setup for 3 days and it's been terribly frustrating. This forum post saved the day, thank you so much!
FlowHawk
Advocate I
Advocate I

@gdavenport glad it got you through it! It's definitely a difficult journey to take on. After Oliver helped me through this issue I made a youtube video so that I wouldn't forget the whole process I went through: Leverage Azure B2C for Authentication in Power Apps Portal - YouTube

If you get stuck again, it might be of help.

gdavenport
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you @FlowHawk !

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (3,031)