cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Populate Contact Entity with logged users

Hi,

I'm new to Portals, so I'm guessing what I'm asking is simple.

I have a Portal, with a simple Form, linked to an Entity named "Applications". When a user fills and sends a new application, the entity gets the data. All good.

But I also have an entity called "Contact" (the standard, already created by Microsoft).

How do I populate this entity Contact with the data of the logged (Authenticated) user of my Portal, when he sends a new application? So when a new application is sent, I get two entities populated: "Applications" with the data of the form, and "Contact" with the data of the Authenticated user of the portal.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

every authenticated user in your portal is already a contact record, there is nothing you need to do there

take a look at this thread to associate the current portal user with your record being created:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Associate-current-portal-user-on-insert-optio...

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply,

Actually I'm using an entity based form. Should I use the Web Forms in order to get data from the logged user?

Highlighted

you can use entity form or web forms, both should work fine 

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,689)