Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newmay
Helper V
Helper V

Portal Home Webpage

Hi!

Somehow our home webpage on our development environment does not work - I think we changed something with the languages/or changed something in one of the localized contents of the home webpage.

Now every page is working except the home web page, it states "page not found" / 404 Error. Does anyone has an approach how to solve the issue? We tried activating/deactivating other languages (seen on another forum post) but it did not work.

Should we delete the home webpage and move the data (web page) from our test to development environment back to see if that works?

It is strange since only the home web page receives the 404 error and every other page works as intended!

Thanks for your help!

9 REPLIES 9
Soundharya
Helper III
Helper III

check if some one has changed the partial url of the home page it should be '/'

newmay
Helper V
Helper V

@Soundharya Hey, thanks for reaching out.

Yes we checked the partial URL with / and the no matter which page template we link with the home web page it still says 404 Error page not found.

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @newmay 

The simple way to fix this problem is using the xrmtoolbox portal configuration compare. Adding link for your reference 

https://www.xrmtoolbox.com/plugins/CVN.XrmToolBox.RecordCompare/

Install this tool. 

Choose your source as Dev environment and target as the production environment 

This will show you the difference in what has changed exactly. 

Hope it helps.

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

HI @ragavanrajan! I did unfortunately I receive an error when double clicking the mismatch. 

Could I delete the home webpage and move the one from test environment to the dev ? Or do you have any other tips why it says 404 Error although everything is linked and set up in the web/page templates?

@newmay 

It is possibly due to web template misconfiguration/tag missing or any other site settings mismatch

please don't delete the home page. You can simply perform the migration from your test to production. It will override the page.  Please use the Portal records mover from XRM toolbox or the tool of your choice. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

@ragavanrajan  I will take another look at the webtemplate - otherwise I will use the XRM Toolbox with the portal records mover as you suggested and go from there 🙂

Soundharya
Helper III
Helper III

Can you share screenshot?

Also try using Default studio template in page template field.

Have you written any custom code to redirect to some other webpage

@Soundharya Hey! No there is no custom code regarding redirect to other webpage and I tried to replace the page template with the default studio one, still same outcome.

newmay_1-1642681505244.png

Developer tool pov:

newmay_2-1642681616884.png

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I am wondering if this could be related to your Login page issue as well

can you make sure you have the following site markers:

OliverRodrigues_0-1642688077075.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,717)