Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newmay
Helper V
Helper V

Portal Invitation workflow triggered by contact creation within the portal

Hey,

we are trying to achieve a workflow (Send Invitation) triggered by the creation of a contact (via a entity list "create contact" button") in the portal..

So basically we want to mirror the process like it its in CRM yet with the trigger condition (only if contact is created with a specific flag for portal).

How do we achieve this?

When creating a workflow for contact entity I cant call the "send invitation" workflow as child workflow since its on the invitation entity.

Much appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@newmay ,

Please follow below steps,

1. Create new optionset field called as Source in contact entity, with options as Portal and MDA. It is just an example include options as per your wish.

2. Go to the entity form of contact, which you created for create, in that create new entity form metadata for source field and set value on save. Point to Portal value option of the option set.

3. follow the attached screenshots for flow creation, adding trigger condition and creating invitation record. While adding new row for invitation make sure to include invite contact as per the screenshot.

4. Once you have provision portal, number of managed solutions w.r.t portal will be included with components in it.

5. find Dynamics 365 Portals - Portal Base Workflows solution. Select Send Invitation process->deactivate->Check Record is created under options for automatic process->activate->save and close.

6. Once done with all the configuration, sync your changes from website.

Kindly give kudo and mark it as solution, it is answers your questionflow1.PNGflow2.PNGflow3.PNGflow4.PNGflow5.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

@newmay ,

Using power automate on creation of contact, add new action to create invitation record for that contact that will automatically send invitation.

Add new field option set named source, include option like portal or crm. While creating from portal set field value to portal using entity form metadata. 

In power automate set triggering condition for that field equals portal. So that it will trigger only if record creates from portal.

If it answers your question, kindly give kudo and mark it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

Hi @Prakash4691 ,

could you help me with a step-by-step walkthrough by any chance since I am not that experienced with power automate flow.

If you could assist me it would be great!

@newmay ,

Please follow below steps,

1. Create new optionset field called as Source in contact entity, with options as Portal and MDA. It is just an example include options as per your wish.

2. Go to the entity form of contact, which you created for create, in that create new entity form metadata for source field and set value on save. Point to Portal value option of the option set.

3. follow the attached screenshots for flow creation, adding trigger condition and creating invitation record. While adding new row for invitation make sure to include invite contact as per the screenshot.

4. Once you have provision portal, number of managed solutions w.r.t portal will be included with components in it.

5. find Dynamics 365 Portals - Portal Base Workflows solution. Select Send Invitation process->deactivate->Check Record is created under options for automatic process->activate->save and close.

6. Once done with all the configuration, sync your changes from website.

Kindly give kudo and mark it as solution, it is answers your questionflow1.PNGflow2.PNGflow3.PNGflow4.PNGflow5.PNG

Thank you, it worked!

Hi @Prakash4691,

since we configured the Workflow "Send Invitation" to trigger on create of record - during my tests the E-Mail also did go out to those who had the origin set to CRM, which is the case if you create a contact out of the portal.

How do I proceed here, since we defined that the trigger condition should be Origin=Portal (which is configured in the entity form metadata).

@newmay ,

No, it will not. The send invitation workflow will trigger only on create of invitation record not on create of contact.

That is where we are setting triggering condition in power automate only to trigger if source equals portal, while creating contact it can be either from portal/model driven/canvas app. We set only in entity form metadata so it will trigger only when contact creates from portal.

Source is only to portal don't include that field inside form and do not set value anywhere else. Make default value to none.

Regards,

Prakash

Yes you are right, was an error on my end. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,355)