cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theeheng
Regular Visitor

Portal Management > Lists > Calendar View

Hi all, i'm currently trying to create a page to display a calendar which link to the built-in 'activity' table. I manage to get it display as a table list (to prove that the error is not related to table permission) but when I enabled the Calendar View and setting up the EntityField Mappings. It keep returning getting the error message "There was a problem loading data for this calendar.". I notice from the browser is trying to get the data from making a http request to the following url: https://xxxxxxxxxx.powerappsportals.com/EntityList/Calendar/0b044082-334e-ec11-8f8e-00224841f115/2d5...

* I think the guid 0b044082-334e-ec11-8f8e-00224841f115 is my website id and 2d5acd4f-a44e-ec11-8f8e-00224841f115 my entity list id show in my Portal Management -> List

which return the following json response:

{
  "success": 0,
  "error": "There was a problem loading data for this calendar."
}

any idea how I can get it working? I also tried to change my Page Template to a redirect type which some of the older post suggested, but it doesn't even show me the calendar view control (it did show the as a table list if I disabled the Calendar View).

screen1.jpgscreen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
theeheng
Regular Visitor

After doing more research, I have give up the options of using the built in Calendar View provided by the portal. Instead, i'm using FetchXml to retrieve the data from Dataverse entity and render the UI using javascript calendar library. Here is a very good article on how you can achieve that: dynamics-365-portals-implement-fullcalendar-with-liquid 

Hope you find this helpful. 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
theeheng
Regular Visitor

After doing more research, I have give up the options of using the built in Calendar View provided by the portal. Instead, i'm using FetchXml to retrieve the data from Dataverse entity and render the UI using javascript calendar library. Here is a very good article on how you can achieve that: dynamics-365-portals-implement-fullcalendar-with-liquid 

Hope you find this helpful. 😉

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @theeheng 

I am aware some of the OOB functions are not functional. But there is always a way to fix those errors. Anyway thanks for the link mate. This will be useful for future references for others. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Users online (1,888)