Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Portal Navigation should be accessible even without signing in

Hi Portal Community,

Need your help please.

When signing in, I have this page and navigation pane (Document Request and Job Listings). Portal 1Portal 1

What I need is to access the job listings without signing in (should be viewed publicly). What I already did is to add the "Anonymous user" role in the job listings. I was able to successfully go to Job listings page when I hit the direct URL, but what I need is to also show the Job Listings navigation publicly.

Expected:

Portal 2Portal 2

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Portal Navigation should be accessible even without signing in

Hi @Mcp ,

Usually, visibility and access control to different pages is done through Web Page Access Control Rules (see official docs). If you are using standard header template I would recommend you to check out Web Page Access Control Rules associated with your Job Listings web page and if there is any verify why you need them and remove them (as page available to everyone shouldn't have any).

Hope this will help.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @OOlashyn,

I checked the Web Page Access Control Rules associated with the Job Listings web page and there are no rules associated with it. So, I created a Web Page Access Control Rule to grant change access to Anonymous users but still it doesn't work. Job listings is still not displaying publicly. 

portal 3.PNGportal 4.PNG

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Mcp ,

Standard Anonymous User role is sort of special as Web Page Access Control Rules will not work with it (ie you can restrict pages for different users, but not for anonymous only). Also, Grant change permission is more to gave web roles possibility to publish/change content on the page.

Can you also check the parent page for Job Listening if it has some restrict read rules? Because Web Page Access Control Rules applies not only to the page itself but also to all child pages as well.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Please share details of your Weblink page here for checking, as you are able to access your page directly it seems issue specific to your web link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Users online (8,256)