cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmymcad
Frequent Visitor

Portal - Post operation API issues - adding "Customer" data type field

Dear all,

I have a custom entity called br_Application, I am trying to add a record in it through employee portal. It has link to following entities:  Contacts – relationship fields are: br_CustomerId and br_MemberId

br_MemberId is a look type field

but br_CustomerId is a Customer data type field means, it supports both contacts and accounts entities

Do i need to add some more lines to add this type of field? At the moment my code is:

Code

Line   1.      'br_MemberId@odata.bind': "/contacts(" + main_contact_guid + ")" // works fine

Line'  2.        br_CustomerId@odata.bind': "/contacts(" + main_contact_guid2 + ")", //error

Error: I am getting an error on 

"An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: An undeclared property 'br_CustomerId' which only has property annotations in the payload but no property value was found in the payload. In OData, only declared

Now i double checked the schema name and everything and everything looks ok to me.

PayLoad
I can confirm the payload has all the values. screengrab given below:

Kindly if anyone can reply, much appreciated.

Can someone confirm or example, how do you add Customer data type field vis API post method thorugh portal?

Kind regards,

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,245)