cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmymcad
Frequent Visitor

Portal - Post operation API issues - adding "Customer" data type field

Dear all,

I have a custom entity called br_Application, I am trying to add a record in it through employee portal. It has link to following entities:  Contacts – relationship fields are: br_CustomerId and br_MemberId

br_MemberId is a look type field

but br_CustomerId is a Customer data type field means, it supports both contacts and accounts entities

Do i need to add some more lines to add this type of field? At the moment my code is:

Code

Line   1.      'br_MemberId@odata.bind': "/contacts(" + main_contact_guid + ")" // works fine

Line'  2.        br_CustomerId@odata.bind': "/contacts(" + main_contact_guid2 + ")", //error

Error: I am getting an error on 

"An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: An undeclared property 'br_CustomerId' which only has property annotations in the payload but no property value was found in the payload. In OData, only declared

Now i double checked the schema name and everything and everything looks ok to me.

PayLoad
I can confirm the payload has all the values. screengrab given below:

Kindly if anyone can reply, much appreciated.

Can someone confirm or example, how do you add Customer data type field vis API post method thorugh portal?

Kind regards,

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (1,917)